Fall River Talks

Go Back   Fall River Talks > Fall River Talk > Government & Politics

Notices

Advertise with us
advertise advertise advertise advertise

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered to our forums. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
  I agree to forum rules 

» Site Navigation
» Home
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 14
0 members and 14 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1011, 09-15-2017 at 08:54 PM.
» Advertisements
» FRT Announcements
Invite your friends FallRiverTalks.com (click here)

We're growing fast! We now have over 770 registered users, and growing every day. Thanks to everyone for supporting this free site ! If you are still a guest, please register now so you will have full access to all the images and forums..

Members must post
A site like this only works if members contribute information, ideas, and experiences. Lurking is fine, but if the majority of people lurk, and do not contribute, it is just not worth the effort. Just a quick post about anything is fine. Somewhere you ate, somebody pissed you off, the price of gas..anything on your mind.(well....almost anything)
We're not asking for a dime. Just a bit of your time. Thanks very much for understanding.
Click here to introduce yourself.

Guests, please click here to register now. It only takes 15 seconds and you will be able to view all the posts on the site. If your not registered, your missing most of the topics.

Do you have a picture you'd like to post anonymously? Maybe a neighbor with a littered lot, government employees goofing off, illegally registered or parked cars, a restaurant with a filthy restroom, or just something you would like to make public. Just take a picture with a digital or cell phone camera and email it to Anonymous Pics
A little detail explaining the picture would be helpful, but not necessary. We will get it posted anonymously.

Advertising space on this site is available now. The site is getting a lot of hits and growing every day. For advertising information Contact Us

Check out our Arcade Games. They are all FREE to play.

» Today's Birthdays
None
» Stats
Members: 1,332
Threads: 878
Top Poster: justsumoldguy (372)
Welcome to our newest member, Yoyo1207

Old 01-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #11
justsumoldguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripped off View Post
#1) Governor Patrick (Democrat) - Called his Office of Constituent Affairs at least 7 or 8 times just to try to arrange a meeting with massDOT. Every time I called them back they said they have had no response from massDOT. Every one of my calls to Deval Patricks office is documented.

#2) Senator Michael Rodriques (Democrat) - He said that he could not get a callback either from massDOT. Even though he hosted all the public forums that DOT had on this project. He did arrange a non productive meeting several months after the property was taken.

#3) Representative Patrick Kennedy (Democrat) - The most unresponsive of all my contacts. I met with one of his assistants in his Fall River office. Never heard back from Kennedy's office, and every time I called Kennedy's office they would screen the call and then tell me that she was not there. Never received a return call to my messages.

To other small business owners I would say this. These people did nothing for me. Keep in mind, all I wanted was a meeting with massDOT before they took the property. I was not asking for anything more than a meeting to discuss my property. massDOT held firm with all these elected officials that they do not negotiate with anyone, and refused to meet with me.
Start here; http://www.massgop.com/contact/
They may be able to rattle some cages for you. Maybe not but your story has to stay out there. They ripped you off, simply put, because you are not
connected like K and other are.