Fall River Talks

Go Back   Fall River Talks > Fall River Talk > Prisoners of Greed

Notices

Advertise with us
advertise advertise advertise advertise

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered to our forums. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
  I agree to forum rules 

» Site Navigation
» Home
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 15
0 members and 15 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1012, 10-24-2017 at 11:01 AM.
» Advertisements
» FRT Announcements
Invite your friends FallRiverTalks.com (click here)

We're growing fast! We now have over 770 registered users, and growing every day. Thanks to everyone for supporting this free site ! If you are still a guest, please register now so you will have full access to all the images and forums..

Members must post
A site like this only works if members contribute information, ideas, and experiences. Lurking is fine, but if the majority of people lurk, and do not contribute, it is just not worth the effort. Just a quick post about anything is fine. Somewhere you ate, somebody pissed you off, the price of gas..anything on your mind.(well....almost anything)
We're not asking for a dime. Just a bit of your time. Thanks very much for understanding.
Click here to introduce yourself.

Guests, please click here to register now. It only takes 15 seconds and you will be able to view all the posts on the site. If your not registered, your missing most of the topics.

Do you have a picture you'd like to post anonymously? Maybe a neighbor with a littered lot, government employees goofing off, illegally registered or parked cars, a restaurant with a filthy restroom, or just something you would like to make public. Just take a picture with a digital or cell phone camera and email it to Anonymous Pics
A little detail explaining the picture would be helpful, but not necessary. We will get it posted anonymously.

Advertising space on this site is available now. The site is getting a lot of hits and growing every day. For advertising information Contact Us

Check out our Arcade Games. They are all FREE to play.

» Today's Birthdays
None
» Stats
Members: 1,332
Threads: 878
Top Poster: justsumoldguy (372)
Welcome to our newest member, Yoyo1207

Old 03-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
WatchinU

Unhappy Prisoners of Greed

Click here to read about Prisoners of Greed
Click image for larger version

Name:	cages.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	60Click image for larger version

Name:	Hope.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	61Click image for larger version

Name:	Mill4s.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	62Click image for larger version

Name:	PA Puppy mill.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	63

Name:	Telly.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	64
If you can't see the pictures above please register here.It's free and only take 5 seconds. Thanks.

Here's the link to this story. Please email it to as many people as you can. These tortured puppies thank you.
http://fallrivertalks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119

Last edited by WatchinU; 03-23-2008 at 09:44 PM..
WatchinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
WatchinU

Smile How to buy a dog.

First go to your local shelter. There are 10 to 20 million dogs and cats killed in this country every single year. These are great animals. They deserve to have great homes. We should all strive to be great enough to deserve them. According to many studies, 25 - 30% of the dogs in shelters are purebreeds.

Next, go to a breed rescue group. Almost every breed of dog has a rescue group. You can find them on the Internet. Do a websearch for any breed and contact any of the representatives. They can give you the names of the representatives in your area.

Next, go to Internet shelters. Many shelters are doing long distance adoptions. You can find them with a websearch.

Finally, if you do not find the dog you want by taking these steps, then look for quality breeders. Go to dog shows and talk to the breeders of the breed you are interested in. Ask them for the names of the breeders that they would recommend. And ask them what genetic testing and medical certifications should be done for that breed. When you go to a breeder to buy a puppy ask these questions:

1. How many breeds of dogs do they breed. One is good, two is probably acceptable, no more.

2. How many dogs do they have. Ask how many litters they have every year. Ask how many puppies they sell and whether they sell any to petstores. Ask whether the breeder has a state or federal license.

3. Ask if you can see the dogs - all the dogs - not just the puppies. Many puppymills have an area where they will bring the puppies to show to the public. You have to see where all the dogs live. We think all dogs should live in the house.

4. Ask what kind of genetic testing they have done on the dogs. Ask what health certificates they have for the dogs.

5. Ask for the name of their veterinarian and call them to find out how often they see the parents and confirm whether genetic testing has been done.

6. Ask for the names of five people who have bought puppies from them and then call the references.

7. Ask if the puppies are sold on a contract and then ask to see the contract. Ask if there is a warranty.

8. Ask whether the breeder will take back a dog regardless of the age if you are unable to take care of it.

9. Ask to see the pedigree and ask how many champions there are in the lineage.

10. Listen to whether the breeder asks you any questions. If the breeder doesn't care about the home that the puppy would be going to, then you don't want to buy from them.

DO NOT, under any circumstances, buy a dog in a petstore. Our research establishes that 98% of the dogs in petstores come from what we consider to be puppymllls. You are not saving that puppy, you are sentencing it's parents to lives of misery.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
WatchinU

Unhappy Email this link about Prisoners of Greed

Please email the link above to as many people as you know. Yes, it's a tuff story to read, but the tortured animals need your help to stop this.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
cher411

It's nice to see that some people really do care about animals! I for one would never buy a dog or cat from any pet-store. There are, like you said, so many wonderful dogs and cats in shelter's that need good homes. I'm glad there are people like watchinU out there. Please, if you are a pet owner, spay and neuter your pets!
cher411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:31 PM   #5
bambii

Talking

I agree with your statement "PLEASE SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS!" Now that I know what kind of habbitats them poor animals are in just to give us "puppies" I will never buy ANY cats, kittens, dogs, puppies from a pet store. I would rather go and RESCUE an animal and give em a much happier life than what they probably have had. As I m writting this,,,, I have Animal Planet on my t.v. RIGHT NOW!!!! And boy my boyfriend has to qiet often calm me from the horrific sences the officers find the animals in fom HUMAN doings! I have reatedly told him that if I were president I would make it a law (some how) that what ever you do to an animal, in a cruel fashion, it would be done to you. I mean not to kill anyone, but just to let them feel what that poor animal feels or felt, kinda giving people a taste of their own medicine. It doesn't make any sense why some people gotta make life harder on animlas or anything or anyone for that matter, WHY CAN'T WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHE AND EVERYTHING!?!? In MY eyes,,,, baby's animas, and elderly are "needy/helpless" so they are number one that I look out for! Or atleast TRY MY BEST TO LOOK OUT FOR AND HELP.
bambii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:27 AM   #6
IEXCEL2CD

Default We're all in this together!

On February 24, 08 my little girl Samantha (shih tzu) was hit by a car traveling way too fast for the street I live on by a girl doing way too much talking on her cell phone. Sammy was adopted in 2001 from Forever Paws here in the city. She came from an abused background so it took until 2005 to gain her trust and unconditional love. I felt like a piece of me died with her and my immediate reaction was I will never own another pet again. It just hurts too much to loose a family member like that. Not much time passed and with the suggestion of friends I began looking for my new forever furkid. With the internet and websites such as petfinders. com or 1-800-save-a-pet.com you can actually see these animals at the local shelters within a 100-200 mile radius. You can search by size, breed, gender etc. What I learned about puppy mills is almost incomprehensible!!! Being left in a steel crate to produce and reproduce like a machine. They live in their own feces, some become blind or deaf for lack of vet care. Some loose their teeth! It is horrific living conditions....ah, but they produce the beautiful pet store animals we stop and look at in the malls.On these websites' I mentioned there is almost a frienzy to get caught up in sort of like an underground web of sorts. There are hundreds maybe even thousands of people like you and me devoting all their waking hours to finding homes for these little creatures. They provide a no kill environment, they provide the health care, the love until one of us come along to adopt them. It is a challenging process to adopt but so worth your effort. What else in your life can make you feel so welcomed when you come home, listen to you with such intent (even when they have NO CLUE what you rambling about!) and never judge you as a bad person. If you can adopt please do so! It will be the most rewarding thing you have ever done before and you won't need to save up for a college fund. We have Katrina victims, home foreclosure victims and puppy mill victims. Be part of the solution won't you?
IEXCEL2CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #7
Coder
Administrator

They just had a story on Oprah regarding this topic, well I think it was oprah its pretty insane what these people do to these animals.

One guy had a wheel where he'd put the dogs for exercise, and wouldn't even let them out of their cages, it was awful
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
newsman

Default Stop Puppy Mills

Name:	Missouri.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	244

Puppies rescued, driver charged after delivery van breaks down
By Jessica Fargen
Thursday, July 9, 2009

Nearly 30 adorable puppies, from yelping yorkies to pint-sized puggles, are safe today after police rescued them from the back of a box van where they were being transported cross country in cramped, feces-covered cages with no water and little air.

“It was horrific. The conditions were appalling,” said Webster police Sgt. Michaela Kelley. “There was no water in any of the dishes. The cages were filthy and the smell was horrific. There were flies. It was just bad.”

John Clayton, 44, of Missouri, was arrested yesterday after Webster police found 27 puppies in the back of a poorly-ventilated 12-foot long van. Some of the puppies, including designer breeds like puggles, morkies and bogles, were jammed into the same cage.

Clayton, who worked for a Missouri pet store supplier, had left Missouri Monday with as many as 50 puppies - mostly small breeds like pugs and Yorkshire Terriers, Kelley said. He had just dropped off 10 puppies at a Webster pet store when the van broke down in Webster, Kelley said.

A passerby noticed the van parked on the same road for an extended period of time, heard the puppies yelping and called police, she said.

Clayton will be arraigned today in Dudley District Court on one count of animal cruelty, a felony in Massachusetts. He could be charged with additional counts, Kelley said. He is being held on $10,000 bail, she said.

Kelley said Clayton worked for a Missouri company that transports animals to pet stores.

The Animal Rescue League of Boston assisted with the investigation, including providing an animal ambulance with a veterinarian and support staff. Staff with the rescue league aided law enforcement in executing a search warrant, Kelley said.

The Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is working with police to care for the animals. An MSPCA enforcement officer is examining the puppies, said Brian Adams, MSPCA spokesman.

He said the conditions inside the truck were dangerous, if not life threatening.

“The ultimate in neglect is how I would describe how they were being transported,” Adams said. “Any time an animal is refused ventilation and is neglected for a long period of time they can become dehydrated and that can certainly lead to death.”

To donate to the MSPCA visit www.mspca.org/webster.

Please pass the word. Never, ever, buy a puppy from a pet store. It only helps to support these horrible puppy mills. Get your pet from a shelter, or a breeder.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...ome&position=4
newsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #9
newsman

Default Pets Still Pampered During Recession

Name:	Dog-Pet-Puppy.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	341

Families across the country may have cut back during the recession, but it seems Man's Best Friend didn't feel the pain.

According to a recent survey from Consumer Reports, only 16% of Americans reported spending less money on their pets at the height of the recession in 2009 and 2010. The price of pet food, veterinary care and other pet products and services has also risen 4% since 2008. Americans spent $55 billion on pet products last year, and high-end, healthy food and snacks for pets are gaining in popularity.

Brad Kriser, owner of Kriser's All-Natural Pet Food in Chicago, said there are so many different categories of food available for pets today. For dogs in particular, Kriser's offers wet food, dry food, frozen food and food that has to be mixed with water before serving. Flavors include duck and venison. Supplements are also available for pets at Kriser's.

"The pet food market has expanded and changed dramatically, so we have many offerings in the healthy space".

The best thing to feed your dog is raw food, he said. This food can be frozen and then thawed in the refrigerator before serving.

"It is unadulterated, unprocessed food in its raw form," Kriser said.

And the best part? You can eat it, too.

"This food is fit for humans," Kriser said. "It's all human grade food with the same ingredients that go on our tables."
newsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
East Coast Wholesale

Send a message via AIM to East Coast Wholesale Send a message via Yahoo to East Coast Wholesale
Lightbulb Breeder = ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrs1984 View Post
Please pass the word. Never, ever, buy a puppy from a pet store. It only helps to support these horrible puppy mills. Get your pet from a shelter, or a breeder.

www.towercranechina.com
Wouldn't buying from a breeder be the same as a puppy mill?

No matter where you buy your puppy from
treat them with all the love and affection that you can.
They are in a safe place now.
East Coast Wholesale is offline   Reply With Quote